My thoughts run free here...

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rajini and Religion

Dr.Richard Dawkins always says that religion has acquired an unique status that enables others never to speak ill of it. You cannot criticise your own or others' religion in public. You can, however, do so in private among your close friends. Such high criticisms on religion and how it poisons the minds of the people will bring about much chaos from all corners, if made known to the public. In our world, atheists are still a minority only.

Now, why am I comparing Tamil actor Rajini with religion? To say that Rajini has also acquired such an unique status, whereby you cannot criticise him openly, in public. You will be mauled by his enormous number of fans. What Dawkins days is very true. Everything in this world should be able to be subjected to criticisms. Why should anyone or anything be put on a pedestal?

So you are asking me what is there to criticise super star Rajinikanth? I have a nothing to criticise him about. I disagree with few of his methods to attract his fans. But there is nothing to criticise him about. However, I'm saying that he should be able to be subjected to criticisms by those who are or are not his fans.

In almost every show I see, each and everyone of them praise him and like him. I would ask, well what has he achieved, that I could also follow him and take him as my inspiration? According to me, nothing. So I do not care about him and I have nothing against Rajini. But these people just blindly quote him to be their inspiration. If they are actors, well it's understandable. But even the general public? Why does everyone have nothing critical to say about Rajini? Why do they all just follow the crowd?

Well, you can ask me, those who know me well. Why do I like Vijay, if I am ignorant of Rajini? You might say I'm being an hypocrite. Let me be clear. I do not like Vijay as an actor. I do not approve of his ways of acting in those so-called masala movies and wasting his talents. But I likie Vijay as a person. And they don't call him 'Ilaya thalapathi' for nothing. He has talents. He's just wasting them right now.

I have watched a lot of Vijay's interviews. I like the person I saw in those interviews. His personality, his like for aloneness and all that, I like it. I like his chubby face. I liked him a lot in 'Kathalukku Mariyaathai', 'Bhagavathi', and 'Puthiya Geethai'. In Kushi, he was fantastic! But he's just simply wasting his talents in movies like 'Mathurey', 'Thirumalai' and 'Sivakasi'.

I would really like it if Rajini does good roles, like some hollywood actors in movies like Die Hard, or Mission Impossible. I don't like it when people act typical tamil actor roles. Like a hero, saving the heroine, fighting the villains and all that.It's quite boring. Tamil film industry has still a long way to go. I also agree with Dawkins, that nothing should be left out when it comes to criticisms.

3 comments:

Aditya Bhaskar said...

Interesting Post.. :-)

Anonymous said...

More informations about actor vijay

Anonymous said...

Re-read Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist if you have read it before. You will atleast understand why Rajinikanth & vijay are great inspirations to ME. Don't know about others.

Powered by Blogger.

© My Santuary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena