My thoughts run free here...

Monday, March 9, 2009

...

MESSAGE OF LORD McCAULEY:

Thursday, 08 May 2008,

EVERY INDIAN SHOULD KNOW THIS MESSAGE OF LORD McCAULEY
Lord McCauley’s speech in British Parliament on 2nd February, 1835 for converting India to a land suitable for them to rule and make Indians the British slaves : “I have traveled the length and breadth of India and there I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self esteem, their native culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation”

1 comments:

Abdul Bijur V.A. said...

Hi Priya,

This speech really didnt happen. It was just a hoax since Lord McCauley has been in India from 1834 to 1838.

Plus this is not even close to realistic.

Regards,
Abdul
abdulbijur@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.

© My Santuary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena