My thoughts run free here...

Friday, June 1, 2012

Ranting after a long time!

Hey guys!! Look at me, I'm such a lazy pig! I haven't updated my blog for quite some time!!! Sigh... Well, hope after this entry I'll start updating regularly. 

It's been a great semester so far. Things are all falling in place slowly. Now it's finally time for exams and then back to Singapore for the holidays! :) I simply can't wait to get back home! Living away from family and friends is no easy thing. At the same time it has made me realise a lot of things.

Living by myself has also given me the confidence to be able to survive on my own. The only difference will be that I will be surviving on my own hard-earned money than my dad's hard-earned money. I still feel a little guilty on that.

I just want to talk of the things that annoy me the most these days. Starting with the first thing, I want to say that I finally realise why some people I know always lie when asked if they had done well for the exam. They feign incompetence, and then they will get an A. Not only that. Even during the middle of the semester, when asked how they are doing in terms of studying for the upcoming tests, they would again feign their lack of interest or their lack of understanding in the subjects concerned.

Up till today, I've never really understood why they do this. Today I realise it because I wish I had lied to my friends and told them that I can't understand all the subjects either! Because I just hate the constant buggings!! 

I hate the fact that people expect me to feed them with answers, while they don't take the effort to study!! Why do they do this? I don't know. But I think the best way to avoid them is to either tell them off early on itself, or to just feign incompetence :)

The next thing that is annoying me is the people who behave inconsiderately. Seriously man, what's wrong with people these days? I don't know if it is me who is being impatient and irritated easily, or is it that the people are purely inconsiderate? Simple things like apologising if they are late for lecture, a simple thank you when help is given, just simple polite behaviours. All these is too much to ask these days.

The next one. (I know! I have a whole list of things that have been bugging my heart). My Financial Accounting (FA) lecturers are simply too boring! Seriously, where do they find these people from? FA is supposed to be a very interesting subject!! It's supposed to be taught to us, in a way that it instills enthusiasm in our hearts. But what do they do? 

For a university that is claimed to be the top university for Accounting in Australia, why are the lecturers for an important subject like FA really boring? Not only are they boring, they have absolutely no good presentation skills. They just read off from the presentation slides! Don't mistake me guys! I have had absolutely brilliant lecturers in Macquarie Uni! 

Well, I'm going to write out to the department heavily criticising the lecturers. They have played absolutely no role in my learning. I have learned myself. I have studied myself. I could easily survive without their lectures. I saw no point in attending their lectures, except merely for the reason of attendance. This isn't how lecturers should be like.

The most annoying thing within an university is the state of the toilets in the campus! Don't even get me started on it! I'm really worried about the future because even the basic hygiene is being disregarded in the public toilets. Can they be any cleaner??

I think this is enough rambling for today. I promise that my next post will not be a rambling like this. I think I'll stick with once or twice a year with all such ramblings :) 

Alright guys! An early disclaimer. I guess I won't be updating my blog for another month or so, what with the exams coming and preparations that need to be done to clear out my room and pack my stuff. Have a great June holidays to my fellow teacher friends!! :) Stay happy and healthy always!! :) Kudos!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

© My Santuary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena