My thoughts run free here...

Friday, October 19, 2012

Departing note...

The time is nearing to an end, giving way to a new beginning. I feel like I've emerged from a cocoon once again, new and fresh, ready to face the real world once again. This time I hope I will succeed. 

I've really enjoyed my time in this foreign land. It's a place I can call my own and relate to on a personal level because I've spent a part of my life here. I've lived independently, having had the chance to spread out my wings a little and take a flight. But that time is coming to an end and I don't know if I would ever be able to fly freely like this again in my life. Fifty years from now, if I'm still alive, if you ask me when was your happiest moment in your life, I guess Australia would be my potential answer. Only time will tell.

I would recommend this journey to anyone. It has been an eye-opening experience for me, having come to know more about myself through this journey. I know that this is not enough. I want to travel the world and discover more about it. So this is just the beginning, not really an end. 

Although I can't wait to get back to my life in Singapore, I can't help but feel a little sad. Departures are really hard, and I really hate it. But I am impelled to share here that that moment when I hugged my mum when I left Singapore for the first time last year on 21st July 2011 is still in my mind. That was the saddest moment in my life and in comparison, this departure from my room in Sydney is nothing! 

While attachments to desires, places, and people are inevitable, it really makes me think that there will come a point in time where it all has to come to an end. Nothing is permanent in this world and nothing remains the same all the time. One lesson I've learnt during my stay here is not to get too attached to things, places and people. Attachment is inevitable, so the least I can do is to reduce it as much as I can.  

I'm blessed to have gotten this opportunity to experience a little freedom, away from life in which I have to live for others too. Here, I truly lived for myself. But I got to say, there is a special joy in living for others too. I guess there should be a balance in life. 

I think my next post might be after I reach Singapore in about 5 weeks' time :) Until then...


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

© My Santuary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena